As seen at the Dion Lee Spring/Summer Fashion Show, this modern-day version of the classic grunge incorporates an uneven center part with barely there waves set to break into natural movement.
Drawing inspiration from the collection, the hair is “technical but sensual, centered and uninhibited”.
- Step 1: Softness start with hydration. Cleanse and condition with REDAVID Shea Butter Shampoo and Conditioner and begin building this hairstyle on damp hair, using your fingers to create an uneven center part.
- Step 2: Next, apply REDAVID Cedarwood Leave-In Conditioner throughout the hair to create frizz-free body. Once done, select random sections of hair, twist them away from the face and blow dry.
- Step 3: Proceed to lightly brush the hair with a soft bristle brush. To ensure essential thermal protection, make sure to lightly spray the hair with REDAVID Working spray.
- Step 4: Then, using a large wand, wrap random mid-length sections of hair around the barrel for a few seconds leaving the ends straight. To mirror the soft, natural looking movement seen on the runway, focus exclusively on the top layers of the hair.
- Step 6: Next, you’ll want to apply more REDAVID Cedarwood Leave-In Conditioner into your hands and fingertips. Use them to distribute the product through the mid-lengths and into the ends of the hair, just as you create a mock ponytail. Release and apply the remaining amount of product into the top of the hair.
- Step 7: To achieve the softness describing the runway look, tuck the side sections of hair behind the ears, and finish off with a fine mist of REDAVID Working Spray.